In conjunction with IMDA’s first anniversary celebration, several key initiatives to prepare Singapore for the #DigitalEconomy were unveiled.
- The launch of the Infocomm Media Industry Transformation Map (ICM ITM)
- A series of Artificial Intelligence (AI) programmes to develop our AI ecosystem such as the AI Business Partnership Programme and AI Apprenticeship Programme
- Plans to strengthen our core of ICM professionals and companies
- Strategic Partnerships with MNCs – IBM, Microsoft and Samsung
- Rebranding of Accreditation@IMDA to Accreditation@SGD to enable companies to gain recognition overseas
- Roll-out of the Retail Industry Digital Plan to guide the retail sector in adopting digital technologies
We are happy to be mentioned in the speech by Dr Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Communications and Information at the launch of the Infocomm Media Industry Transformation Map on 3 Nov 2017.
“Accreditation has also helped to nurture companies in the space where ICT and media converge. One good example is the newly-Accredited iVideoSmart, a local tech start-up that has developed innovative video and advertising technologies to help publishers and media companies monetise video traffic and increase user engagement.
For example, instead of having to watch a commercial on dresses in the middle of a video, viewers can just click on or mouse over the dress that the actress in the video is wearing to purchase that dress!”
Click here to read the full speech by Dr Yaacob Ibrahim.